Volcanic Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
This spicy habanero hot sauce recipe has all the hot sauce basics, and includes plenty of flavor and heat. Be sure to process the habanero peppers separately from the other ingredients by adding them in the end for processing, which will allow you to retain the habanero pepper flavor.
- 8 habanero chili peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add water and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the habanero peppers, lime juice, vinegar and salt. Puree until smooth.