Reaming Habanero Hot Sauce
Yes, this hot sauce will ream you! Nice and hot with plenty of habanero peppers. Why use a store bought hot sauce when you can make one at home? To be honest, there are some phenomenal hot sauces out there, and we love so many of them, but we also love a good homemade hot sauce, especially with habanero peppers.
- 5 habanero peppers, stems removed
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lime
- Zest from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat. Add olive oil, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a food processor.
- To the food processor, add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste for additional salt/pepper.
- Transfer processed sauce back to the saucepan and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve!
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.