Raging Tropical Fruit Habanero Sauce Recipe
Bring out the heat with this fusion of habanero peppers and tropical fruit. So sweet yet deceptively powerful, this sauce is great over grilled chicken or even served over salad greens.
- 2 habanero peppers, diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup papaya, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- ½ carrot, shredded
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat and add olive oil with onions and carrot. Cook about 5 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and mix on high. If needed, you can add in a bit of water or additional chicken stock for a smoother sauce.
- Strain and transfer to a serving dish or jars. Refrigerate before serving.