Pulled Pork Pitas with Red Savina Guacamole Recipe
This delicious sandwich is so tender, made with slow cooked pork shoulder that has been perfectly seasoned and spiced with red savina peppers. We serve it over warmed pita bread then top it with shredded white cheddar cheese and our own red savina guacamole.
Pulled Pork Pitas with Red Savina Guacamole
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chile guajillo
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno powder
- 1 tablespoon chile arbol
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces light Mexican beer
- 4 ounces water
- 2 red savina peppers, chopped
- Pita bread for serving
- Shredded white cheddar cheese
- Red Savina Guacamole (see below)
- Heat a large pan to medium high heat and add oil.
- Cube pork shoulder and season with 1 tablespoon chile guajillo and 1 tablespoon jalapeno powder.
- Cook pork shoulder about 1-2 minutes per side to brown.
- Add to a slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.
- Heat on low for 4-5 hours, or until the pork is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork. Break apart meat and stir.
- Distribute to warmed pita bread and top with shredded white cheddar and Red Savina Guacamole.
Red Savina Guacamole Recipe
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 red savina peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash with a large fork until avocado becomes creamy and ingredients are combined.