Peanut Butter-Habanero Stuffed French Toast
This recipe is a smart use of habanero powder, which mixes nicely with the peanut butter-crema combination and does not alter the creamy texture. The key here is sweet and heat, a duo that always goes together.
Peanut Butter-Habanero Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 4 large pieces bread
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons habanero powder
- In a mixing bowl, add crema, peanut butter, maple syrup and habanero powder. Mix well. Set aside for later.
- Heat a wide pan to medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs and milk. Stir.
- Lightly butter the hot pan and dip the bread in the egg mixture. Allow the mixture to soak into the bread, but do not oversoak.
- Set onto hot pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Spoon your peanut butter mixture onto the French toast and fold. Add some to the tops as well as desired.