Maple Tree Revenge Habanero Sauce
Maple syrup brings in the deep, sweet flavor to this sauce made up primarily of tomatillos. It’s not as fun without the gorgeous spice of the habanero, which gives the “revenge” to the recipe title.
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped
- 8 tomatillos, chopped
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add all ingredients. Mix well.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse to desired consistency. If needed, add in more water to thin the sauce.
- Return to saucepan and simmer over low heat an extra 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm!