Wine-Habanero Sauce Recipe
Habanero wine sauce goes perfectly over fish and other seafood. It’s a very light mixture with plenty of flavor, a great compliment to grilled tilapia. Try it over steamed crab legs or lobster tail as well for something different.
- 10 habanero peppers, chopped
- 2 small chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ green apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ cup white wine of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a food processor, add all ingredients except for white wine and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat to medium-low heat. Cook about 12 minutes.
- Add white wine and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and serve!