Mustard Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
Bring a bit of mustard flavor to your habanero hot sauce and you’re in for a fiery treat. This one is pungent, but perfect over poultry or pastrami, as well as many other foods that start with the letter “P”.
- 6 habanero peppers, chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a food processor, add all ingredients and process on high until smooth.
- Transfer contents to a sauce pan and heat to medium. Stir frequently until sauce just begins to boil, then reduce heat immediately and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate and serve, or seal in sterilized jars to keep.