Coconut-Habanero Sauce Recipe
This is a spicy and sweet sauce that goes wonderfully with seafood, especially shrimp or seared scallops. Delicious, and very simple to make.
- 2-3 habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions. Cook about 4 minutes, or until onion begins to soften.
- Add habanero peppers and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add habaneros and onions to a food processor, along with coconut milk and chicken stock. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and serve!
Share This Habanero Recipe: