Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
What a wonderful combination this is, abundant habanero peppers with their citrusy wonder and immensely satisfying spice, along with garlic. Spice up the bland food!
- 2 cups habanero peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Set habanero peppers on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Roast in the oven 12-15 minutes or until soft and skins begin to blister.
- Heat a large pot to medium and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes, or until onion and garlic soften.
- Add roasted habanero peppers and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender and puree directly in the pot.
- Simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve, or seal into sterilized bottles to allow flavors to truly develop.