Fire Roasted Corn and Habanero Salsa
Fire roasted corn brings a subtle smoky grilled flavor to this salsa. Accented by the magnificently spicy habanero pepper, you've got a delicious salsa with pure bang. Chili heads will love this combination for the flavor but also for the wonderful kick.
- 1 to 2 habanero peppers, minced
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, stalks removed
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Coat sweet corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in tinfoil. Set over grill and cook about 20-25 minutes, or until corn turn golden. Leave on longer if you'd like some of the kernels to begin to blacken. Remove and cool.
- Slice the kernels off of the corn cob and add to a mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm!
NOTES: Use extra habanero peppers for additional heat. Two peppers will bring in plenty, but add more to really bring it up a notch. Also, if you allow the corn to blacken a bit, you'll not only introduce the additional grilled flavor, but color as well, making for an attractive variation of this salsa.