Fiery Citrus-Habanero Salsa
The sweet flavor and heat of the habanero combined with your favorite orange citrus will make this a fiery favorite to your salsa stable. Chop the cilantro coarsely to ensure a flavor burst with each bite, and don't be afraid to spare the onions. Serve with corn chips.
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 6 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a medium bowl, add orange segments, cilantro, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and habanero peppers. Mix well.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, or to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, or up to a day covered.
- Drain before serving.