Creamy Habanero-Roasted Corn Salsa
Roasted corn and habanero peppers are a powerful, flavorful combination. We also incorporated poblano peppers and s touch of Mexican crema to bring in a few more flavor elements. Excellet for passing around the fire.
Creamy Habanero-Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 large poblano pepper, roasted (how to roast chili peppers)
- Corn from 2 ears
- 2-4 white habanero peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
- Stem, deseed and chop the roasted poblano pepper. Learn how to roast chili peppers here. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat. Add olive oil, corn and habanero peppers. Cook about 6-7 minutes, or until corn is golden.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and cool. Add to mixing bowl.
- To mixing bowl, add cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add crema and stir to combine.